DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US backs Afghanistan in Taliban peace talks
Taliban had also demanded that the US free its officials held up in Guantanamo bay.
New Delhi: The United States has decided to back an Afghanistan government-led peace initiative with the Taliban only if it meets international standards.
The Taliban had agreed to begin peace talks with the Karzai government which has America's backing.
Karzai has also revealed plans of establishing a Taliban office in the gulf state, Qatar. Taliban had also demanded that the US free its officials held up in Guantanamo bay.
The US has rejected the demand, stating that no decision has been reached regarding freeing the prisoners to boost the reconciliation.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users