Aarushi-Hemraj double murder: CBI court to record statements of Talwars
This comes after the court rejected their application for a stay on proceedings.
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case will record statements of the dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Friday. This comes after the court rejected their application for a stay on proceedings.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal rejected the defence counsel's plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded. The CBI had told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar's murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person's entry in the house.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight