Talwars' behaviour looked suspicious: Noida ex-SP
The officer also claimed that Rajesh looked "reluctant" in recognising the Hemraj's body.
Ghaziabad: Former Noida SP Mahesh Kumar Mishra told the special CBI court, hearing the double murder case of teenage girl Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, that he found the behaviour of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar "suspicious" when he reached their residence on the day of the crime. Mishra, who appeared before the Special CBI Judge S Lal on January 31, said, "When I reached the Talwars' residence on May 16, 2008, I found their behaviour suspicious."
"Rajesh Talwar told me that he had locked Aarushi's room from outside on the fateful night (May 15) at 11:30 pm, and returned back to his room to sleep," said Mishra, adding, he thought this statement was important.
"I told about this statement to CBI, but I am not sure why they did not record it," the officer said. "Rajesh also told me that he had forgotten to lock his bedroom and it was possible that someone stole the key," he told the court.
While describing the crime scene, Mishra said there were bloodstains on the terrace lock, however, he did not ask the forensic expert to examine it as he was already busy in other rooms.
The former Noida SP told the CBI court that he had asked for breaking the lock of the terrace door on May 16, a day before Hemraj's body was found upstairs. However, no carpenter was arranged and the terrace door was not opened. He told the court that on the next day, May 17, when he reached the Talwar's residence, terrace door was opened and the body of Hemraj was found.
The officer also claimed that Rajesh looked "reluctant" in recognising the Hemraj's body. "I do not know why this statement was not recorded by the agency," he said. Aarushi was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Champions League: Lionel Messi Hat-Trick Punishes Pep Guardiola's Error-Prone Manchester City