DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil actor-director Manivannan passes away
Tamil actor-director Manivannan passed away at his residence here today following a cardiac arrest.
Chennai: Tamil actor-director Manivannan passed away at his residence here today following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
He was 59. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
Manivannan started his career as an assistant with well known director Bharathi Raja and in 1982 directed his first movie 'Gopurangal Saivathillai'.
He also acted as a villain in 'Kodi Parakkuthu' directed by Bharathi Raja, which had superstar Rajnikant playing hero.
His 50th and last directorial venture was 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', released in May this year.
The audio launch of the movie was his last public appearance.
The character artiste also essayed the role of a comedian in several movies, including 'Ullathai Allithaa'.
The film fraternity expressed shocked at his demise and many flocked to his residence to pay their last respects.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness