Tamil actor-director Manivannan passes away
Tamil actor-director Manivannan passed away at his residence here today following a cardiac arrest.
Chennai: Tamil actor-director Manivannan passed away at his residence here today following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
He was 59. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
Manivannan started his career as an assistant with well known director Bharathi Raja and in 1982 directed his first movie 'Gopurangal Saivathillai'.
He also acted as a villain in 'Kodi Parakkuthu' directed by Bharathi Raja, which had superstar Rajnikant playing hero.
His 50th and last directorial venture was 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', released in May this year.
The audio launch of the movie was his last public appearance.
The character artiste also essayed the role of a comedian in several movies, including 'Ullathai Allithaa'.
The film fraternity expressed shocked at his demise and many flocked to his residence to pay their last respects.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week