Tamil actor Jiiva roped for 'Kai Po Che' remake?
Chetan Bhagat's first novel 'Five Point Someone' was loosely adapted in the Hindi movie '3 Idiots', which was later remade into Tamil titled 'Nanban'.
Famous writer and author Chetan Bhagat has almost firmed up an inseparable link with the Indian film industry. Earlier, his first novel 'Five Point Someone' was loosely adapted in the Hindi movie '3 Idiots', which was later remade into Tamil, under the direction of Shankar, starring three ace actors as the protagonists, titled 'Nanban'.
Next in line to make waves in both worlds is his novel 'Three Mistakes Of My Life', which has been adapted in the recent Hindi release, 'Kai Po Che'. The movie is a moving portrait of friendship, loss and forgiveness.
Talks are on by the production house UTV Motion Pictures, for the remake of this film in Tamil.
The head of the South Division of UTV Motion Pictures, Mr Dhananjayan said "The film 'Kai Po Che' is one of the finest movies on the life of three friends, like 'Nanban'. We are in the talks with two leading directors for the Tamil remake."
South Indian big names like directors Linguswamy and Venkat Prabhu appreciated KPC on critical grounds. Actor Jiiva was not all praise for the movie, but also showed interest in working as a protagonist in the remake.
Buzz has it that either director Radha Mohan or Venkat Prabhu will wield the megaphone, and Jiiva will be roped in for a lead role in the Tamil remake of the film.
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18