Tamil actor Sharath wants to make film on Netaji
Sharath wants to produce and direct the film.
Bangalore: Tamil film actor Sharath Kumar wants to produce and direct a film based on the life of noted freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
"I think Netaji's contribution to secure the independence of the country was as crucial as the role played by Mahatma Gandhi. This has not been highlighted to the younger generation. I want to make a film showing Netaji's heroics and patriotism which created a fear psychosis for the British Rulers," he told IANS. He was here to obsesrve the response to his Kannada film 'Saarathee'.
"Netaji might have opted for a different route to secure freedom for the country, but his revolutionary ideas played a big role in arousing people. We should not forget Netaji's contribution. I am already writing the script for a film to be produced and directed by me," he added.
The 57-year-old has been working in films for more than 23 years and has won several awards for his performance in Tamil films.
After the success of 'Pazhasi Raja', he featured in more Malayalam films like 'Oridathoru Postman', 'The Metro', 'Christian Brothers' and 'Veeraputhran'.
He has also made a special appearance in Allu Arjun starrer Telugu movie 'Bunny'.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager