Tamil actor Sharath wants to make film on Netaji
Sharath wants to produce and direct the film.
Bangalore: Tamil film actor Sharath Kumar wants to produce and direct a film based on the life of noted freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
"I think Netaji's contribution to secure the independence of the country was as crucial as the role played by Mahatma Gandhi. This has not been highlighted to the younger generation. I want to make a film showing Netaji's heroics and patriotism which created a fear psychosis for the British Rulers," he told IANS. He was here to obsesrve the response to his Kannada film 'Saarathee'.
"Netaji might have opted for a different route to secure freedom for the country, but his revolutionary ideas played a big role in arousing people. We should not forget Netaji's contribution. I am already writing the script for a film to be produced and directed by me," he added.
The 57-year-old has been working in films for more than 23 years and has won several awards for his performance in Tamil films.
After the success of 'Pazhasi Raja', he featured in more Malayalam films like 'Oridathoru Postman', 'The Metro', 'Christian Brothers' and 'Veeraputhran'.
He has also made a special appearance in Allu Arjun starrer Telugu movie 'Bunny'.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology