DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil actor Sharath wants to make film on Netaji
Sharath wants to produce and direct the film.
Bangalore: Tamil film actor Sharath Kumar wants to produce and direct a film based on the life of noted freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
"I think Netaji's contribution to secure the independence of the country was as crucial as the role played by Mahatma Gandhi. This has not been highlighted to the younger generation. I want to make a film showing Netaji's heroics and patriotism which created a fear psychosis for the British Rulers," he told IANS. He was here to obsesrve the response to his Kannada film 'Saarathee'.
"Netaji might have opted for a different route to secure freedom for the country, but his revolutionary ideas played a big role in arousing people. We should not forget Netaji's contribution. I am already writing the script for a film to be produced and directed by me," he added.
The 57-year-old has been working in films for more than 23 years and has won several awards for his performance in Tamil films.
After the success of 'Pazhasi Raja', he featured in more Malayalam films like 'Oridathoru Postman', 'The Metro', 'Christian Brothers' and 'Veeraputhran'.
He has also made a special appearance in Allu Arjun starrer Telugu movie 'Bunny'.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan