Tamil actor Vijay regrets not being part of fast
This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by the Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association.
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay, currently shooting in Australia, regrets being unable to join the members of the South Indian Film Artistes Association (SIFAA) to observe a day long fast Tuesday here to protest the alleged 'war crime' against Tamils in Sri Lanka.
"I am currently shooting for my film 'Thalaivaa' in Australia and couldn't make it to the fast. I regret not being present in this movement," said Vijay in a statement.
The fast is being observed by the actors of the Tamil film industry. This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association (TANTIS).
While the first token fast received phenomenal response, it missed the presence of all big actors in the industry such as Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Ajith Kumar, Suriya, and Karthi. But all of them have joined in this time.
All shooting for the day has been stopped, while theatres will remain shut.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha