DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil actor Vijay regrets not being part of fast
This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by the Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association.
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay, currently shooting in Australia, regrets being unable to join the members of the South Indian Film Artistes Association (SIFAA) to observe a day long fast Tuesday here to protest the alleged 'war crime' against Tamils in Sri Lanka.
"I am currently shooting for my film 'Thalaivaa' in Australia and couldn't make it to the fast. I regret not being present in this movement," said Vijay in a statement.
The fast is being observed by the actors of the Tamil film industry. This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association (TANTIS).
While the first token fast received phenomenal response, it missed the presence of all big actors in the industry such as Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Ajith Kumar, Suriya, and Karthi. But all of them have joined in this time.
All shooting for the day has been stopped, while theatres will remain shut.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh