Tamil actress Vedhika bags Kannada remake of 'Brindavanam'
Directed by filmmaker K.Madesh and 'Brindavanam' is produced by Suresh Gowda and Srinivas Murthy.
Chennai: Southern actress Vedhika Kumar has been roped in to play the female lead in the upcoming Kannada family drama by K. Madesh. Named 'Brindavanam' this Kannada movie is a remake of Telugu film 'Brindavanam'.
"Nowadays family films have become a rarity in our film industry, and therefore I'm excited to be part of this wonderful family project", Vedhika told IANS.
"I will probably start shooting by the end of February or early March," she added.
NT Rama Rao Jr, Kajal Agarwal and Samantha Ruth Prabhu played the lead role in the Telugu version of 'Brindavanam', which revolved around a guy who resolves the tussle between two brothers and unites them.
Vedhika is cast opposite Kannada superstar Darshan Thoogudeep in the film. She will essay the role played by Samantha in the original.
The rest of the cast of 'Brindavana' will be announced soon. It will be directed by K. Madesh and produced by Suresh Gowda and Srinivas Murthy under SSB production banner.
'Brindavanam' has already been remade in Bengali as 'Khoka 420'.
Meanwhile, Vedhika is awaiting the release of Tamil period drama 'Paradesi', which is based on the suffering of tea plantations workers in pre independent India.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology