Tamil director Subu prefers theatre actors for his film
'Sutta Kadhai' features Lakshmi Priyaa and Venkatesh Harinathan from Chennai-based theatre groups Evam and Stray Factory, in lead roles.
Chennai: Tamil debutant director Subu, who has roped in theatre actors as protagonists in his upcoming comedy-thriller 'Sutta Kadhai', finds them more confident compared to others. He says working with them minimises the effort of a director.
'Sutta Kadhai' features Lakshmi Priyaa and Venkatesh Harinathan from Chennai-based theatre groups Evam and Stray Factory, respectively, in the lead roles.
"You don't have to teach how to act to someone with years of theatre background. It comes to them naturally and they do it with so much of confidence that working with them is always a delight," Subu told IANS.
"Theatre actors also have the ability to improvise whenever needed. Theatre is always about improvising on the spot, and therefore, working with actors with years of theatre experiences minimises the effort of a director," he added.
Shot mostly in Kodaikanal in the night, the film also features MS Bhaskar, Michael and Nandita. It is produced by Ravindar Chandrasekhar under Libra Productions.
"The film tracks events leading up to the mess created by two cops and how with the help of the female protagonist, they clear the mess," said Subu.
Highlighting other advantage of working with theatre actors, he said: "Most of the time they enact a scene in different ways and as a director I get to choose. In short, I can save a lot of time and stick to my call sheet."
Currently in post-production phase, the film is slated to release soon.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Arjun Bijlani Injures Himself On 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Set
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan