Tamil film 'Aarohanam' to hit theatres on July 27
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies.
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies such as 'Pirivom Sandhippom', 'Eeram', 'Nan Mahan Alla', 'Yuddham Sei' and 'Poi Solla Porom'
Now she is ready with her maiden directorial venture, titled 'Aarohanam', which will be released on July 27.
Says the actress-director, "Aarohanam is a Sanskrit word, and in musical context, it denotes the ascending of the swarams in the ragas. But my film is not a musical subject. I chose to call it Aarohanam because it talks about the upswings in the lives of the protagonists."
"Interestingly, many of my friends told me that they didn't understand the meaning of my title. It was surprising because though we are musically-inclined, we aren't aware of the basics of aarohanam and avarohanam in Carnatic music."
The film stars Abhinay, Viresh, Jai Guheni, Sampath, Jayaprakash, Viji, Uma Padmanaban, Rajee and Vijayasarathy in crucial roles.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology