DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil film 'Aarohanam' to hit theatres on July 27
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies.
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies such as 'Pirivom Sandhippom', 'Eeram', 'Nan Mahan Alla', 'Yuddham Sei' and 'Poi Solla Porom'
Now she is ready with her maiden directorial venture, titled 'Aarohanam', which will be released on July 27.
Says the actress-director, "Aarohanam is a Sanskrit word, and in musical context, it denotes the ascending of the swarams in the ragas. But my film is not a musical subject. I chose to call it Aarohanam because it talks about the upswings in the lives of the protagonists."
"Interestingly, many of my friends told me that they didn't understand the meaning of my title. It was surprising because though we are musically-inclined, we aren't aware of the basics of aarohanam and avarohanam in Carnatic music."
The film stars Abhinay, Viresh, Jai Guheni, Sampath, Jayaprakash, Viji, Uma Padmanaban, Rajee and Vijayasarathy in crucial roles.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users