Tamil film 'Aarohanam' to hit theatres on July 27
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies.
Lakshmi Ramakrishnan has carved a niche for herself by playing character roles in movies such as 'Pirivom Sandhippom', 'Eeram', 'Nan Mahan Alla', 'Yuddham Sei' and 'Poi Solla Porom'
Now she is ready with her maiden directorial venture, titled 'Aarohanam', which will be released on July 27.
Says the actress-director, "Aarohanam is a Sanskrit word, and in musical context, it denotes the ascending of the swarams in the ragas. But my film is not a musical subject. I chose to call it Aarohanam because it talks about the upswings in the lives of the protagonists."
"Interestingly, many of my friends told me that they didn't understand the meaning of my title. It was surprising because though we are musically-inclined, we aren't aware of the basics of aarohanam and avarohanam in Carnatic music."
The film stars Abhinay, Viresh, Jai Guheni, Sampath, Jayaprakash, Viji, Uma Padmanaban, Rajee and Vijayasarathy in crucial roles.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report