Tamil film director's body call for a strike on March 19
Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) general secretary M Ameer said a hunger strike will be observed from 9 am to 6 pm on March 19, 2013.
Chennai: Pressing for a five-point demand, including reconsideration of bilateral ties with Sri Lanka in the light of the ethnic Tamils issue, Tamil cinema director's body gave a strike call on March 19.
Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) general secretary M Ameer said a hunger strike will be observed from 9 am to 6 pm on March 19, 2013 and cooperation has been sought from various other associations including, South Indian Artistes' Association, Tamil Film Producers' Council and Film Employees' Federation of South India.
TNFDA had asked all members of the Tamil cinema industry to suspend work on that day and join the protest, he said in a statement.
TNFDA's demands include implementing a Tamil Nadu Assembly resolution seeking economic sanctions against Colombo till Tamils are ensured status on par with majority Sinhalese and conducting a referendum with Lankan Tamil diaspora for a separate Tamil Ealam (homeland).
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology