DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil film director's body call for a strike on March 19
Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) general secretary M Ameer said a hunger strike will be observed from 9 am to 6 pm on March 19, 2013.
Chennai: Pressing for a five-point demand, including reconsideration of bilateral ties with Sri Lanka in the light of the ethnic Tamils issue, Tamil cinema director's body gave a strike call on March 19.
Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) general secretary M Ameer said a hunger strike will be observed from 9 am to 6 pm on March 19, 2013 and cooperation has been sought from various other associations including, South Indian Artistes' Association, Tamil Film Producers' Council and Film Employees' Federation of South India.
TNFDA had asked all members of the Tamil cinema industry to suspend work on that day and join the protest, he said in a statement.
TNFDA's demands include implementing a Tamil Nadu Assembly resolution seeking economic sanctions against Colombo till Tamils are ensured status on par with majority Sinhalese and conducting a referendum with Lankan Tamil diaspora for a separate Tamil Ealam (homeland).
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong