Tamil film 'Jilla' shooting commences in Madurai
'Jilla' to feature Kajal Aggrawal in leading role. The film is directed by RT Nesan.
Chennai: The shooting of the first schedule of Tamil actor Vijay starrer action-drama 'Jilla' started Monday in Madurai.
Vijay, though, will join the crew in the first week of June.
"Kajal, Mohanlal and a few others will be part of the first schedule of shooting starting today (Monday) in Madurai. Vijay sir will join us later in the first week of June," film's director Nesan told IANS
"We plan to shoot some important scenes featuring Kajal and Lal sir in the next two weeks. Since the story is set in Madurai, we plan to have a longer schedule here," he added.
The film will be predominantly shot in Madurai, Chennai and Andhra Pradesh. The team will also travel abroad to shoot a few songs.
The film also features Mahat Raghavendra, Poornima Bhagyaraj, Thambi Ramaiah, Soori and Niveda Thomas in important roles.
"We are planning to release the film during Diwali, but again it all depends on so many factors. If not for Diwali, then we will most likely release during Pongal 2014," Nesan said.
Unlike his last three films 'Nanban', 'Thuppakki' and soon-to-be-released 'Thalaivaa', Vijay will be seen playing a rural character in 'Jilla'.
D Imman has been roped in to compose the music for the film, which is being produced by RB Chowdary.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS