Tamil film 'Pramukar': Is about effects of politics
Directed by JP Azhagar, 'Pramukar' features newcomers Trishul, Nithya and Jessie in lead roles.
Tamil director JP Azhagar says his upcoming romantic-thriller 'Pramukar' will highlight the effects of politics on Indian youth and how the line between rich and poor is widened due to the same.
"Politics has adverse effects on people from all walks of life, but especially on the bright careers of Indian youth. How the lives of the some characters in the film are to a great extent affected by politics, forms the crux of the story," Azhagar told IANS.
"One aspect of the story will also focus on how the thin line between rich and poor is growing wider on a daily basis due to politics," he added.
Jointly produced by S Manikandan and TT Suresh, 'Pramukar' features newcomers Trishul, Nithya and Jessie in lead roles. Mohanavel, Karuna, KN Ramachandran, Vetri Kumaran and Ram form the rest of the cast.
Shot in places such as Chennai, Thalakonam and Kodaikanal, the film is currently in the last leg of its shooting.
The film, which has cinematography by Harmuk and editing by Eshwar, has music by LV Ganeshan.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai