Tamil film 'Thuppakki' enters Rs 100 crore club
'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay.
New Delhi: It's not just Bollywood films that are making their way into the elite Rs 100 crore club. AR Murugadoss's film 'Thuppakki' has not just become a blockbuster down South, but the film has also set the cash registers ringing at the box office. 'Thuppakki' has become the second Tamil film ever to enter the Rs 100 crore club.
The official page of 'Thuppakki' on Twitter confirmed the news, which was later retweeted by director AR Murugadoss, "Yes bullets, it is now officially confirmed that #Thuppakki has crossed the 100cr mark! It is only the second Tamil film ever to do so."
The film, which was released on Diwali, has turned out to be the biggest hit of 2012 by earning Rs 65.32 in the opening week. The film reached Rs 100 crore mark in just 11 days of its release.
'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay. Apart from 'Thuppakki', Rajinikanth's 2010 blockbuster 'Endhiran' is the only film to have entered the elite Rs 100 crore club.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More