Tamil film 'Thuppakki' enters Rs 100 crore club
'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay.
New Delhi: It's not just Bollywood films that are making their way into the elite Rs 100 crore club. AR Murugadoss's film 'Thuppakki' has not just become a blockbuster down South, but the film has also set the cash registers ringing at the box office. 'Thuppakki' has become the second Tamil film ever to enter the Rs 100 crore club.
The official page of 'Thuppakki' on Twitter confirmed the news, which was later retweeted by director AR Murugadoss, "Yes bullets, it is now officially confirmed that #Thuppakki has crossed the 100cr mark! It is only the second Tamil film ever to do so."
The film, which was released on Diwali, has turned out to be the biggest hit of 2012 by earning Rs 65.32 in the opening week. The film reached Rs 100 crore mark in just 11 days of its release.
'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay. Apart from 'Thuppakki', Rajinikanth's 2010 blockbuster 'Endhiran' is the only film to have entered the elite Rs 100 crore club.
- Time For Pakistan To Learn Some Lessons: Subramanian Swamy
- India Has Sent Right Signal To Pakistan And World, Says Shashi Tharoor on Surgical Strike
- Uri Avenged: What Does a Surgical Strike Involve?
- Watch: How The Surgical Strikes Were Carried Out
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager