Tamil film 'Thuppakki': Excellent business overseas
The film in its opening weekend grossed, Rs 1.18 crore in UK, Rs 1.76 crore in USA and Rs 37.99 lacs in Australia.
Tamil film 'Thuppakki' which starred Vijay in the lead role has done excellent business in USA, UK and Australia. The film in its opening weekend grossed; "Rs 1.18 crore in Uk, Rs 1.76 crore in USA and Rs 37.99 lacs in Australia', tweeted movie critic Taran Adarsh.
The Diwali release, which faced tough competiton with 'Podaa Podi' has performed exceptionally well in country as well, it was released in over 1000 screens. The film revolves around the Captain in Indian Army, who comes to Mumbai on vacation but gets involved in a terrorist scheme, and what happen next forms the rest of story.
Written and directed by AR Murugadoss, 'Thupaakki' is third blockbuster for Vijay in row, earlier hits being 'Nanban' and 'Velayudham'. The film pre-release faced title controversy, which shifted the film's release to be Diwali, but the team left no stone unturned to taste the success. The film has become one of the best grossers in its first three days in Tamil cinema released this year.
The thriller features Kajal Aggarwal opposite Vijay, who plays a boxer in the film. Music by Harris Jayaraj, is already a hit.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House