DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil film 'Thuppakki': Excellent business overseas
The film in its opening weekend grossed, Rs 1.18 crore in UK, Rs 1.76 crore in USA and Rs 37.99 lacs in Australia.
Tamil film 'Thuppakki' which starred Vijay in the lead role has done excellent business in USA, UK and Australia. The film in its opening weekend grossed; "Rs 1.18 crore in Uk, Rs 1.76 crore in USA and Rs 37.99 lacs in Australia', tweeted movie critic Taran Adarsh.
The Diwali release, which faced tough competiton with 'Podaa Podi' has performed exceptionally well in country as well, it was released in over 1000 screens. The film revolves around the Captain in Indian Army, who comes to Mumbai on vacation but gets involved in a terrorist scheme, and what happen next forms the rest of story.
Written and directed by AR Murugadoss, 'Thupaakki' is third blockbuster for Vijay in row, earlier hits being 'Nanban' and 'Velayudham'. The film pre-release faced title controversy, which shifted the film's release to be Diwali, but the team left no stone unturned to taste the success. The film has become one of the best grossers in its first three days in Tamil cinema released this year.
The thriller features Kajal Aggarwal opposite Vijay, who plays a boxer in the film. Music by Harris Jayaraj, is already a hit.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Manchester Arena Attack: Beckham, Rooney, Hamilton Show Solidarity