Tamil flick 'Koottam' is James Vasanthan's next
Actors Naveen Chandra and Piya play the lead roles in this upcoming flick.
After 'Eesan', we have not had a compelling hit from composer James Vasanthan, whose famous song 'Kangal Irandal' from the Tamil flick 'Subramaniyapuram' still continues to be a favourite, even after years.
Now the news is that James is all set to make a comeback with his next project, 'Koottam'. Directed by MR Jeevan, a former associate of the veteran director Ram Gopal Varma the plot of 'Koottam' is purely based on Naxalites. It unfolds the sad story of how a few youth get misguided to Naxalism owing to their financial situation, despite good academic qualifications.
The movie covers a bunch of young Naxals who realize that they are on the wrong path and surrender to the police. However, they are ill treated and taken advantage of, by the police and politicians. At the end, the vexed youth makes a drastic decision.
"I have portrayed a non-partisan view of the Naxal youth in this film. I have neither shown them as good, nor as bad persons. I spotlight only the reality," says the director, Jeevan.
Also, Naveen Chandra and Piya play the lead roles in this upcoming flick.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia