Tamil Nadu: Cable operators stir on February 28
Cable television operators have decided to observe one day token fast on February 28 in all district headquarters.
Erode: Hundreds of telegrams have been sent to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa by cable TV operators here, protesting against the online system of payment of subscription. The Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable Television Corporation, a government entity, recently issued a notification extending to the subscribers the facility of online payment of monthly subscription of Rs 70.
Local Cable Television Operators (LCO) are against it, saying they would be affected as they may not get their share of Rs 20 per connection from the Government in time. But some cable television users have welcomed the move, saying they were paying Rs 100 a month as subscription as against the Government's announcement of Rs 70 per month.
Meanwhile, cable television operators have decided to observe one day token fast on February 28 in all district headquarters protesting introduction of online system of payment and also appointing agents for collection of monthly subscriptions, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology