DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu: DMK leader Arumugam dead
Senior DMK leader and former Tamil Nadu minister Veerapandi S. Arumugam died on Friday after a brief illness.
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former Tamil Nadu minister Veerapandi S. Arumugam died here on Friday after a brief illness. Arumugam, 75, was admitted to a hospital two days ago. His condition turned critical on Friday. The body is being taken to Salem.
Arumugam was elected to the Tamil Nadu assembly six times during a long political career that started in 1957. He was arrested on charges of land grabbing after the AIADMK took power in 2011. He was released about a month ago.
DMK president M. Karunanidhi paid homage to Arumugam. The party has announced a three-day mourning.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs