Tamil Nadu: Employees of IOB arrested for stealing money
The employees planned to steal Rs nine lakh and hatched a plan to rob the amount when it was being dispatched to be loaded in an ATM.
Tiruchirappalli: Two contract employees of the Indian Overseas bank were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly stealing Rs nine lakh, meant to be used for loading in the ATM machine, police said on Tuesday. The two employees, Arif Mohammed Abdullah and Karuppiah, were engaged to repair the machines through an agency and had allegedly earlier stolen Rs three lakh from the ATMs, they said.
They planned to steal Rs nine lakh on June 26 and hatched a plan to rob the amount when it was being dispatched to be loaded in an ATM by Adbullah and another person, police said. Karuppiah and some of his accomplices allegedly followed Abdullah and the other man when they were proceeding towards ATM on a two-wheeler and snatched the money-bag from the man who was riding pillion, police said.
The man was found to be innocent and released after interrogation, they said.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner