Tamil Nadu: Explosion in fireworks unit kills one
Police said the workers were surrounded by finished and unfinished fireworks at the time of the blast.
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said on Thursday. The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here Wednesday evening, they said.
K Muthu, 42, was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur. Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work.
They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items. The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar