DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu: Explosion in fireworks unit kills one
Police said the workers were surrounded by finished and unfinished fireworks at the time of the blast.
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said on Thursday. The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here Wednesday evening, they said.
K Muthu, 42, was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur. Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work.
They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items. The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi