Tamil Nadu: Gang hacks Dalit student to death
J Diwakar was allegedly involved in teasing a girl of another caste recently which resulted in a clash between two groups.
Tirunelveli: A Dalit engineering student, recently booked in an eve teasing case, was on Thursday night hacked to death by a gang near Tirunelveli, police said.
J Diwakar of Morappanar village, a second year student of a private engineering college in Tirunelveli, was returning home in a bus when the gang members forced him to get down near his village and hacked him to death, they said.
He was allegedly involved in teasing a girl of another caste recently which resulted in a clash between two groups. A case had been registered against him.
His murder is suspected to be a fallout of the clash. Protesting the killing of Diwakar, villagers blocked the Tiruneveli-Tuticorin road for two hours. They dispersed after police pacified them and assured that the culprits would be arrested.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology