Tamil Nadu man back from Dubai jail after 27 years
George was imprisoned in connection with an accidental fire at a house near his working place, which claimed nine lives, in 1985.
Thiruvananthapuram: After spending 27 years in a Dubai prison, Paul George, a native of Nagercoil in neighbouring Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, has returned home. George, now 64, could be released with the intervention of Dileep, who was his co-prisoner at the jail in connection with another case, family sources said.
George was received at the airport here on Friday by wife Mary and daughter Sumitra and son Saya. Sumitra, who is living in Dubai with her husband, said, Colachel MLA J P Prince had also strived hard for George's release.
George was imprisoned in connection with an accidental fire at a house near his working place, which claimed nine lives, in 1985. A local court had sentenced him to 27 years jail term. After completing the sentence, he had to spend more days in prison as it took time to get his passport renewed, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her