DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu minister dies in road accident
TIRUCHIRAPALLI: N. Mariyam Pichai, Tamil Nadu's minister for environment and pollution control and minorities welfare, died in a r..
TIRUCHIRAPALLI: N. Mariyam Pichai, Tamil Nadu's minister for environment and pollution control and minorities welfare, died in a road accident near here Monday morning, officials said.
Pichai, 60, was travelling to Chennai, around 330 km from here, to be sworn in as the member of the state assembly later in the day.
According to state government officials, Pichai was sitting next to his driver in the car which hit a truck from behind while trying to overtake it around 7 a.m.
Minister for Sports and Youth Welfare N.R. Sivapathi, who was travelling behind the car, informed officials about the accident.
Officials told IANS that seven people were travelling in Pichai's car and all others suffered minor injuries.
Pichai defeated DMK's K.N. Nehru in the recently concluded assembly elections. He is survived by his wife and three children.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835