DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu minister dies in road accident
TIRUCHIRAPALLI: N. Mariyam Pichai, Tamil Nadu's minister for environment and pollution control and minorities welfare, died in a r..
TIRUCHIRAPALLI: N. Mariyam Pichai, Tamil Nadu's minister for environment and pollution control and minorities welfare, died in a road accident near here Monday morning, officials said.
Pichai, 60, was travelling to Chennai, around 330 km from here, to be sworn in as the member of the state assembly later in the day.
According to state government officials, Pichai was sitting next to his driver in the car which hit a truck from behind while trying to overtake it around 7 a.m.
Minister for Sports and Youth Welfare N.R. Sivapathi, who was travelling behind the car, informed officials about the accident.
Officials told IANS that seven people were travelling in Pichai's car and all others suffered minor injuries.
Pichai defeated DMK's K.N. Nehru in the recently concluded assembly elections. He is survived by his wife and three children.
Recommended For You
- May 26, 1999: Ganguly, Dravid Put On a Show at Taunton
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs