Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
The Madras Public Service Commission became the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission in 1970.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission enjoys a glorious past of 75 years. The Central Public Service Commission in India was established in 1923 but there was provision of commissions in provinces. The Government of Madras and Punjab proposed to set up their Public Service Commissions. The Madras Service Commission thus came into being in 1929. The Madras Presidency had the unique honour of being the only province in India to establish the first Service Commission.
The Madras Service Commission became Madras Public Service Commission with headquarters at Madras in the year 1957. In 1970, when the name of the State was changed into Tamil Nadu, the Madras Public Service Commission automatically became the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
One of the main functions of the commission is to conduct examinations and interviews for appointment to various services of the State.
Functions of TNPSC
- Recruitment of the Candidates
I. On the basis of Interview only
II. On the basis of screening test & Interview
III. On the basis of Examination only
IV. On the basis of Examination & Interview only
V. On the basis of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination & Interview
- Disciplinary Actions
- Service Rules
- Advice to the Tamil Nadu Government
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Commercial Tax Annexe Building,
No.1 Greams Road, Chennai-600006
Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner