Tamil Nadu to approach Supreme Court for Cauvery waters
CM Jayalalithaa took the decision on Monday after chairing a meeting of ministers and officials.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minsiter J Jayalalithaa on Monday ordered officials to immediately file a petition in the Supreme Court praying for an order to Karanataka to release the Cauvery river water. Jayalalithaa took the decision after chairing a meeting of ministers and officials, said a government statement.
The chairman of the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) ordered Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of water from Sep 20 to Oct 15 against Tamil Nadu's request of at least 2,000 million cubic (tmc) feet of water for 24 days.
Jayalalithaa said she was disappointed at the outcome and the state would approach the apex court.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not to Float Political Party in Punjab
- Breaking Toon: Is Nawaz Sharif Really Sharif?