Tamil Nadu to approach Supreme Court for Cauvery waters
CM Jayalalithaa took the decision on Monday after chairing a meeting of ministers and officials.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minsiter J Jayalalithaa on Monday ordered officials to immediately file a petition in the Supreme Court praying for an order to Karanataka to release the Cauvery river water. Jayalalithaa took the decision after chairing a meeting of ministers and officials, said a government statement.
The chairman of the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) ordered Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of water from Sep 20 to Oct 15 against Tamil Nadu's request of at least 2,000 million cubic (tmc) feet of water for 24 days.
Jayalalithaa said she was disappointed at the outcome and the state would approach the apex court.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle