Tamil Nadu: Woman worker suspended for demanding bribe
The woman came to the hospital with her husband and two children after experiencing labour pains, where the sanitary worker demanded the bribe.
Salem: A woman sanitary worker at the government hospital has been suspended for allegedly demanding money from a pregnant woman to get herself treated. The 24-year-old pregnant woman labourer from Andhra Pradesh was unable to pay Rs 1000 bribe was reportedly assaulted by her and later delivered the baby at a bus stand in Salem.
The sanitary worker was suspended after District Collector Magarabhusanam paid a surprise visit to the Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical college hospital, conducted an inquiry with doctors and staff and identified her from CCTV footage. College dean Dr Valliappan said no staff member came forward to state the facts despite his best efforts.He said the worker had been suspended and the inquiry would be
completed in a week.
The woman came to the hospital with her husband and two children, aged five and two, after experiencing labour pains on April 14, where the sanitary worker demanded the bribe. She was reportedly forced to go out of the ward when she could not pay. When she reached Salem old bus-stand, walking for about a km from the hospital, she delivered the baby boy, assisted by two women passers-by. Locals immediately called an ambulance and rushed her to the same government hospital.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BSF Seizes Gold Bars, One Bangaladeshi National Arrested
- I'm the Only Top Actress Who Has Done B-grade Films: Kangana Ranaut
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump