DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil 'Powerstar' Srinivasan arrested in cheating case
Well-known Tamil actor Srinivasan, was arrested for allegedly cheating a person of a huge amount of money.
Chennai: Well-known Tamil cinema actor 'Powerstar' Srinivasan, was arrested today for allegedly cheating a person of a huge amount of money. Srinivasan, 50, was arrested this morning on a complaint from one P S Ranganathan of Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh, a police release here said.
Ranganathan alleged that Srinivasan took Rs 50 lakh as commission from him with a promise to secure a loan of Rs 20 crore. However neither the loan was made available nor did the actor return the amount, police said.
The actor has been remanded to custody, police said, adding he was found to have cheated some more persons. He was arrested by the Central Crime Branch of Chennai police.
Srinivasan, popularly known as 'Powerstar' in film circles and among his fans, had last featured in the hit Tamil comedy, 'Kanna Laddoo Thinna Aasaiya' recently.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Happy Birthday Ravi Shastri: Five Popular Commentary Gems
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users