Punjab: Policemen present during abuse of girl transferred
The 22-year-old girl and her father were thrashed in full public view when they demanded action against some people who harassed her.
Tarn Taran: All the policemen who were present when the girl from Tarn Taran, Punjab was beaten up by police officers have been transferred with immediate effect. The Chandigarh Police have been directed to provide immediate security to the girl.
The girl and her father were beaten up in full public view when she went to the police to file a complaint of harassment. Earlier, two Punjab Police constables were arrested for physically abusing the girl.
The HC Judge has asked the Amritsar IG to inform the court on Tuesday about providing further protection to victim and her family from cops other than Punjab police. Four to five police personnel were caught on camera assaulting the young woman and her father after she reportedly complained to police against some taxi and truck drivers harassing her near a marriage hall in Tarn Taran district, 280 km from Chandigarh.
Meanwhile, the police had arrested two accused police personnel involved in the case on March 11.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner