Punjab: Policemen present during abuse of girl transferred
The 22-year-old girl and her father were thrashed in full public view when they demanded action against some people who harassed her.
Tarn Taran: All the policemen who were present when the girl from Tarn Taran, Punjab was beaten up by police officers have been transferred with immediate effect. The Chandigarh Police have been directed to provide immediate security to the girl.
The girl and her father were beaten up in full public view when she went to the police to file a complaint of harassment. Earlier, two Punjab Police constables were arrested for physically abusing the girl.
The HC Judge has asked the Amritsar IG to inform the court on Tuesday about providing further protection to victim and her family from cops other than Punjab police. Four to five police personnel were caught on camera assaulting the young woman and her father after she reportedly complained to police against some taxi and truck drivers harassing her near a marriage hall in Tarn Taran district, 280 km from Chandigarh.
Meanwhile, the police had arrested two accused police personnel involved in the case on March 11.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900