DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TASMAC official arrested for graft
CHENNAI: Officials of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption(DVAC) arrested a TASMAC district director on charges of bri..
CHENNAI: Officials of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption(DVAC) arrested a TASMAC district director on charges of bribery on Thursday.
Acting on a complaint from J Kannan (36) of Lakshmi Nagar in Valasaravakkam that R Ramu, district manager of TASMAC, Chennai and Kancheepuram division, had demanded Rs 1 lakh to consider his application, seeking grant of licence for a bar at a TASMAC outlet, a DVAC team, led by K Ali Basha, laid a trap for him on Thursday. When Ramu was accepting `5,000 as advance at his office on Anna Salai, the team caught him red-handed, said a release.
In Thoothukudi, an assistant engineer of the thermal power station, M Mohanadoss, was arrested by DVAC officials on similar charges. On the basis of a complaint given by M Manikandan (34) of Iruvappapuram that the assistant engineer had demanded `12,500 for allowing him to continue as a contractor in Thoothukudi Thermal Power Station, the DVAC team laid a trap and arrested Mohanadoss.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users