Teacher arrested for molesting minor girls for 3 years
Meanwhile, other teachers of the school claimed at a separate press conference that the girls' allegations are totally false and concocted.
Gadchiroli: A school teacher was arrested on Thursday for allegedly outraging the modesty of three tribal minor girl students for three years, the police said. Three girls of the local Shivaji High School, two of them studying in the ninth standard and one in the tenth standard, had lodged a complaint with police station in Gadchiroli that their teacher Ganesh Wasu used to misbehave with them by calling them to the staff room and allegedly touching them, for three years.
"We tolerated this for a long time, but decided to teach him a lesson so that he should not repeat the ugly thing with other students," the aggrieved girls said on Thursday afternoon, demanding stern action against the teacher.
Acting on the complaint, the police registered an offence against him under Section 354 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 3 (1) (12) of the Atrocities Act and arrested him. Interestingly, the teacher was first booked under Section 509 and released on bail on Wednesday. But when the girls and the Adivasi Vidyarthi Sangh raised their voice, the police registered the case under more stringent sections and re-arrested the teacher.
Meanwhile, other teachers of the school claimed at a separate press conference that the girls' allegations are totally false and concocted. They also claimed that arrested teacher has "a good moral character" and had no complaints against him so far. The girls complained because they feared failing in exams due to lack of sufficient attendance in school, they alleged.
- SP Leader Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where