DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said that there is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC.
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move from an unexpected quarter, a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC," he told when asked about his views on setting up the anti- terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with Anna Hazare in opposing the government's bill on Lokpal alleging that it was very weak.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish