Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said that there is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC.
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move from an unexpected quarter, a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC," he told when asked about his views on setting up the anti- terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with Anna Hazare in opposing the government's bill on Lokpal alleging that it was very weak.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology