DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Team Anna thanks PM, Parliament
Team Anna also thanked the media, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and the Delhi Police.
New Delhi: Ahead of Anna Hazare breaking his fast on the 13th day, Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Parliament for the grand victory of the people.
"We are thankful to our Prime Minister because he took the initiative and wrote to Anna, agreeing to our demands. We are thankful to the Parliament. This is a historic moment," Kejriwal said, as thousands of people assembled at the Ramlila Maidan cheered.
He thanked political parties, politicians and said, "Most of all we want to thank you, the people who stood by us through sunshine and rain...without your support we wouldn't have been successful."
He had a special mention for the volunteers, who he termed the "backbone" of the movement.
He also thanked the media, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), the Delhi Jal Board and the Delhi Police.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi