Technical snag: AI plane returns to Delhi
Air India planes continued to be plagued by technical problems as one of its flights to Toronto had to abort its journey due to a fault.
New Delhi: Air India planes continued to be plagued by technical problems as one of its flights to Toronto had to abort its journey due to a fault noticed mid-air on Saturday.
The pilot of AI-187 Delhi-Amritsar-Birmingham-Toronto flight, that took off from New Delhi on Saturday morning, noticed the fault and decided not to operate the aircraft any further.
As a result, all passengers were offloaded at Amritsar and the aircraft returned to Delhi where it landed under emergency conditions at 16.33 hours, airport sources said.
In a separate case, angry scenes were witnessed at the Mumbai airport after an Air India flight to Delhi left without taking some of the passengers.
Sources said it could be a case of over booking. The airline later brought the passengers left behind in another aircraft to Delhi.
A number of Air India planes had faced technical faults in recent past.
An Air India Boeing aircraft bound for Dubai had suffered a technical fault before take-off at the IGI Airport in New Delhi on April 21 while two Air India planes made emergency landings within a span of a few hours on April 9.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw