Technical snag: AI plane returns to Delhi
Air India planes continued to be plagued by technical problems as one of its flights to Toronto had to abort its journey due to a fault.
New Delhi: Air India planes continued to be plagued by technical problems as one of its flights to Toronto had to abort its journey due to a fault noticed mid-air on Saturday.
The pilot of AI-187 Delhi-Amritsar-Birmingham-Toronto flight, that took off from New Delhi on Saturday morning, noticed the fault and decided not to operate the aircraft any further.
As a result, all passengers were offloaded at Amritsar and the aircraft returned to Delhi where it landed under emergency conditions at 16.33 hours, airport sources said.
In a separate case, angry scenes were witnessed at the Mumbai airport after an Air India flight to Delhi left without taking some of the passengers.
Sources said it could be a case of over booking. The airline later brought the passengers left behind in another aircraft to Delhi.
A number of Air India planes had faced technical faults in recent past.
An Air India Boeing aircraft bound for Dubai had suffered a technical fault before take-off at the IGI Airport in New Delhi on April 21 while two Air India planes made emergency landings within a span of a few hours on April 9.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Modi to visit Pakistan for SAARC summit in 2016 as India extends its hand to Sharif
- War over airfare intensifies; will DGCA step in?
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18