Technical snag hits BSNL broadband users in Chandigarh, Punjab
The server in Noida, which caters to the northern region was not functioning because of some power supply issue.
Chandigarh: BSNL broadband users in Punjab and Chandigarh have been unable to access internet since morning today due to a server problem.
"The server in Noida, which caters to the northern region was not functioning because of some power supply issue. As a result of which the broadband users could not get internet connectivity," official sources in BSNL said.
BSNL officials maintained that efforts are being put in restoring the broadband connections at the earliest.
State-owned BSNL is one of the largest operators of broadband connections in the northern region and has almost 3 lakh users in Punjab and 30,000-35,000 users in Chandigarh.
"I have been trying to go online through my BSNL broadband connection for receiving some important e-mails but have not been able to connect and a message pops up saying remote server is not responding," a BSNL broadband user in Sector 49 here said.
BSNL internet users in Punjab and Chandigarh who could not get the connectivity because of the failure of the broadband system also blamed BSNL officials for not taking complaints regarding internet connections not working.
The users complained that the numbers provided for lodging complaints were not being attended to despite dialing them several times.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit