DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Technopark creating big jobs in Kerala
The number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years.
Thiruvananthapuram: Technopark is helping in employment generation and the number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years, a state government official said on Friday. "Today at Technopark there are more than 35,000 professionals and in the next five years this is going to touch one lakh," said IT Secretary P.H. Kurian.
Technopark's software export turnover is only Rs.2,000 crore. Kurian said the export figure need not be a yardstick to gauge employment creation. "See, do not need to look into export figures form Kerala because many of the companies that are here accounts for its turnover from other states where they operate," he said.
Currently the total built up space at the Technopark campus has crossed six lakh square feet. The third phase of development is expected to begin shortly in a 90-acre campus. Also, 400 acres have been acquired to set up the Technocity campus, near the present IT hub.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet