Technopark creating big jobs in Kerala
The number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years.
Thiruvananthapuram: Technopark is helping in employment generation and the number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years, a state government official said on Friday. "Today at Technopark there are more than 35,000 professionals and in the next five years this is going to touch one lakh," said IT Secretary P.H. Kurian.
Technopark's software export turnover is only Rs.2,000 crore. Kurian said the export figure need not be a yardstick to gauge employment creation. "See, do not need to look into export figures form Kerala because many of the companies that are here accounts for its turnover from other states where they operate," he said.
Currently the total built up space at the Technopark campus has crossed six lakh square feet. The third phase of development is expected to begin shortly in a 90-acre campus. Also, 400 acres have been acquired to set up the Technocity campus, near the present IT hub.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control