Technopark creating big jobs in Kerala
The number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years.
Thiruvananthapuram: Technopark is helping in employment generation and the number of professionals at the IT hub is all set to touch 100,000 in the next five years, a state government official said on Friday. "Today at Technopark there are more than 35,000 professionals and in the next five years this is going to touch one lakh," said IT Secretary P.H. Kurian.
Technopark's software export turnover is only Rs.2,000 crore. Kurian said the export figure need not be a yardstick to gauge employment creation. "See, do not need to look into export figures form Kerala because many of the companies that are here accounts for its turnover from other states where they operate," he said.
Currently the total built up space at the Technopark campus has crossed six lakh square feet. The third phase of development is expected to begin shortly in a 90-acre campus. Also, 400 acres have been acquired to set up the Technocity campus, near the present IT hub.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"