DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Teen sets herself on fire after being molested
The girl had accused a neighbour, Danish, of harassing her. But pressure was mounted on her family to withdraw the complaint.
Lucknow: A 15-year-old girl who had set herself on fire after being allegedly sexually harassed by a boy in Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad town died at a Delhi hospital on Saturday, police said. The girl died at the Safdarjung Hospital after infection spread to her vital organs owing to the burn injuries.
Senior Superintendent of Police Neelabjo Chowdhary told IANS over the telephone that a complaint was registered by the victim on March 11 and three people were arrested the next day. Chowdhary said now an additional charge of abetment to suicide would be slapped against the accused.
The girl had accused a neighbour, Danish, of harassing her. But pressure was mounted on her family to withdraw the complaint. Taken aback by the developments and hurt by the pressure on her family, the frustrated girl doused herself with kerosene and set herself on fire in Moradabad, some 160 km from New Delhi, police said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win