Teenager set ablaze by molester, dies
A 16-year-old girl was set ablaze by a man who tried to molest her in Deoghat village of Malegaon district.
Malegaon (Maharashtra): A 16-year-old girl was set ablaze by a man who tried to molest her in Deoghat village of Malegaon district. The girl died in hospital, police said Saturday.
The accused, Samadhan Khairnar, had barged into the girl's house when she was alone and tried to molest her before he set her on fire, the official added.
"The victim Poonam Pagar was alone in her house when the incident took place late Friday afternoon. Khairnar saw her alone and must have entered her house with an intention of rape," said Chandrashekhar Choughule, additional superintendent of police, Malegaon district.
"Khairnar panicked as Pagar started shouting for help. He poured fuel on her and set her ablaze," added Choughule.
Pagar was admitted to a hospital Friday and died Saturday morning, Choughule said.
An FIR has been lodged against Khairnar under Indian Penal Code Sections 307 (attempt to murder), 354 (assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty) and 451 (house-trespass in order to commit offence punishable with imprisonment).
Khairnar is absconding.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti