Teenager set ablaze by molester, dies
A 16-year-old girl was set ablaze by a man who tried to molest her in Deoghat village of Malegaon district.
Malegaon (Maharashtra): A 16-year-old girl was set ablaze by a man who tried to molest her in Deoghat village of Malegaon district. The girl died in hospital, police said Saturday.
The accused, Samadhan Khairnar, had barged into the girl's house when she was alone and tried to molest her before he set her on fire, the official added.
"The victim Poonam Pagar was alone in her house when the incident took place late Friday afternoon. Khairnar saw her alone and must have entered her house with an intention of rape," said Chandrashekhar Choughule, additional superintendent of police, Malegaon district.
"Khairnar panicked as Pagar started shouting for help. He poured fuel on her and set her ablaze," added Choughule.
Pagar was admitted to a hospital Friday and died Saturday morning, Choughule said.
An FIR has been lodged against Khairnar under Indian Penal Code Sections 307 (attempt to murder), 354 (assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty) and 451 (house-trespass in order to commit offence punishable with imprisonment).
Khairnar is absconding.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar