Tehsildar caught accepting Rs 5 lakh bribe in Thane
<p><strong>Thane:</strong> A tehsildar was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakhs from a person in Thane, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.</p>
Thane: A tehsildar was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakhs from a person in Thane, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
Karjat tehsilar Uvraj Bhanger had allegedly demanded Rs 10 lakhs from a person, Vinit Shirmade, who was involved in some excavation work, Thane Range DSP (ACB) Sandip Karnik said.
The tehsildar had served him a notice for excess excavation and not paying royalty.
He demanded Rs 10 lakh to withdraw the notice, but finally settled for Rs five lakh.
When the complainant went to his residence on Monday to pay the bribe, the tehsilar was caught by ACB sleuths.
In a similar case, a talathi in Raigad, Datta Jadhav, was arrested for allegedly accepting Rs 5,000 from a complainant.
Jadhav was caught in the office of circle inspector while accepting the money from complainant Dilip More for carrying out certain modifications in a land record.
Offences under Prevention of Corruption Act have been registered against both in the respective police stations and further investigations are being carried out by Raigadh unit of ACB, Karnik said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"