Sexual assault case: Tejpal requests for a fan in his jail cell
Tejpal was denied bail by the Goa sessions court on Saturday in relation to the alleged sexual assault case against him.
New Delhi: Founder Editor of Tehelka Tarun Tejpal has requested for a fan in his jail cell. Tejpal who is accused of sexually molesting a woman journalist is under 6 days judicial custody.
Tejpal was denied bail by the Goa sessions court on Saturday in relation to the alleged sexual assault case against him. Tejpal was arrested by the Goa police on Saturday, less than an hour after a magistrate's court rejected his anticipatory bail application.
Tehelka's founder-editor spent the first night in a jail with two murder accused and an anti-social person. He was also referred for mandatory medical check-up at Goa Medical College at 12:30 midnight and was thereafter taken to Panaji police lock-up.
The lock-up is located inside the Police Headquarters in Panaji, overlooking the office of the Director General of Police (DGP). Police sources added that he remained calm after his arrest, during medical check-up and also in the lock-up.
While the police have started interrogating Tejpal, the big task ahead of them is to gather enough evidence to prove their case in a court of law.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion