Sexual assault case: Tejpal requests for a fan in his jail cell
Tejpal was denied bail by the Goa sessions court on Saturday in relation to the alleged sexual assault case against him.
New Delhi: Founder Editor of Tehelka Tarun Tejpal has requested for a fan in his jail cell. Tejpal who is accused of sexually molesting a woman journalist is under 6 days judicial custody.
Tejpal was denied bail by the Goa sessions court on Saturday in relation to the alleged sexual assault case against him. Tejpal was arrested by the Goa police on Saturday, less than an hour after a magistrate's court rejected his anticipatory bail application.
Tehelka's founder-editor spent the first night in a jail with two murder accused and an anti-social person. He was also referred for mandatory medical check-up at Goa Medical College at 12:30 midnight and was thereafter taken to Panaji police lock-up.
The lock-up is located inside the Police Headquarters in Panaji, overlooking the office of the Director General of Police (DGP). Police sources added that he remained calm after his arrest, during medical check-up and also in the lock-up.
While the police have started interrogating Tejpal, the big task ahead of them is to gather enough evidence to prove their case in a court of law.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18