Telangana bill likely to delay 'Yevadu' release
'Yevadu' was supposed to be released during August earlier this year, but it had to be postponed.
Chennai: The release of Ram Charan Teja-starrer Telugu action-drama 'Yevadu', slated to hit the screens Dec 19, may be delayed if the Telangana bill is introduced by the central government next month, said its producer Dil Raju.
"I'm planning to release the film on Dec 19 if the Telangana bill is not passed. I haven't decided on postponing the film, but if the bill is passed and it is likely create some agitation, then I plan to release the film during Sankranti next year in January," Raju told IANS.
The United Progressive Alliance has taken a decision to carve out a separate state of Telangana from Andhra Pradesh. The move has not found favour with people from the Seemandhra region of the state.
'Yevadu' was supposed to be released during August earlier this year, but it had to be postponed due to the matter.
Now the bill for the creation of the new state of Telangana will be tabled in parliament during its winter session, beginning Dec 5.
'Yevadu', directed by Vamsi Paidipalli, also stars Amy Jackson, Shruti Haasan, Kajal Agarwal and Allu Arjun. It will be Ram Charan's third release after 'Naayak' and 'Zanjeer' this year, if it doesn't get postponed in December.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha