Telangana Congress set for showdown with Centre
The leaders are likely to complain to the party High Command against Kiran Kumar Reddy's distorted reports on Telangana...
HYDERABAD: Telangana Congress leaders will be reaching Delhi by Tuesday in batches for what they call a 'showdown' with the party high command on T issue. Several Telangana ministers went to Delhi on Monday. Some MLAs are planning to leave for Delhi on Tuesday. Many Telangana MPs, including steering committee chairman K Keshava Rao, are already in Delhi. They want to meet Union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee and Congress Affairs AP in-charge Ghulam Nabi Azad and insist that the party leadership make an announcement on Telangana.
The Congress leaders are planning to complain to the party high command against chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for sending 'distorted reports' to the Centre on the impact of Sakala Janula Samme in Telangana region. "If no announcement comes by September 30, we will be compelled to take harsh decisions, including submitting resignations en masse. We will go to any extent to get separate Telangana state," said R Damodar Reddy, before leaving for Delhi.
The Congress leaders made it clear that this would be their last visit to Delhi on Telangana issue.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology