Telugu actor Srihari to make Bollywood debut
Srihari was roped in on the recommendation of Ram Charan Teja, who plays the lead role in 'Zanjeer' remake.
Mumbai: Actor Sonu Sood has no regrets that he had to opt out of the 'Zanjeer' remake. He wishes Srihari, who has replaced him in the project, good luck, and is confident the southern actor will look "superb" in the role of Sher Khan.
Srihari is a wonderful actor and he will look superb as Sher Khan in 'Zanjeer'," said Sonu.
"Every role has its own destiny. I guess I was not destined to play Sher Khan. I've no regrets. I just want the film to do really well for my brother (director) Apoorva Lakhia," he added.
A prominent lead actor of Telugu cinema and also an interesting crossover actor who likes to play character roles when required, Srihari was roped in on the recommendation of Ram Charan Teja, who plays the lead role in 'Zanjeer', a remake of the 1973 film of the same name.
The film's current schedule involving busy bigwigs Sanjay Dutt, Priyanka Chopra and Ramcharan, was placed into crisis with Sonu's leg injury.
"Director Apoorva Lakhia had two choices. He could either cancel the schedule which would've meant heavy losses as the co-ordinated dates of these busy stars would've been near-impossible to obtain, or he could replace Sonu Sood. Lakhia opted for the latter option, but only after taking Sonu into confidence," said a source close to the project.
The director met Sood Saturday and explained his predicament. Sonu agreed to opt out without a moment's hesitation.
Interestingly, Srihari has played a character named Sher Khan earlier in the Telugu blockbuster 'Magadheera', which also starred Sonu.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice