Telugu actors Vijay-Mahat team up for 'Jilla'
'Jilla' will be directed by debutant Nesan. The film also features Malayalam actor Mohanlal in the film.
Chennai: Southern actor Mahat Raghavendra is on cloud nine ever since he was cast in upcoming Tamil action-drama 'Jilla' with superstar Vijay.
"I'm really looking forward to work with Vijay as I believe it will boost my career. I don't mind playing his brother in the film because firstly, it's an honour to share screen space with a superstar and secondly, I play an equally important role," Mahat told IANS.
"Vijay and I will be seen in so many scenes together. I don't just come and disappear in the film and we are likely to work together in three songs as well," he added.
'Jilla' will be directed by debutant Nesan. The film also features Malayalam superstar Mohanlal along with Kajal Aggarwal, Poornima Bhagyaraj and Parota Suri.
Does he fear he will be sidelined in the film with presence of two superstars?
"It's a misconception that when you act with a superstar, one's role is sidelined. Actors like Jiiva and Srikanth shared screen space with Vijay in 'Nanban', but their roles were equally appreciated by the audience," he said.
The film, which will be produced by RB Chowdhary, will go on the floors from second week of May.
Imman has been roped in to compose music.
Meanwhile, Mahat's Telugu romantic-drama 'Backbench Student' is scheduled to release in March. He also has an untitled Tamil project in the offing.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer