Telugu actors Vijay-Mahat team up for 'Jilla'
'Jilla' will be directed by debutant Nesan. The film also features Malayalam actor Mohanlal in the film.
Chennai: Southern actor Mahat Raghavendra is on cloud nine ever since he was cast in upcoming Tamil action-drama 'Jilla' with superstar Vijay.
"I'm really looking forward to work with Vijay as I believe it will boost my career. I don't mind playing his brother in the film because firstly, it's an honour to share screen space with a superstar and secondly, I play an equally important role," Mahat told IANS.
"Vijay and I will be seen in so many scenes together. I don't just come and disappear in the film and we are likely to work together in three songs as well," he added.
'Jilla' will be directed by debutant Nesan. The film also features Malayalam superstar Mohanlal along with Kajal Aggarwal, Poornima Bhagyaraj and Parota Suri.
Does he fear he will be sidelined in the film with presence of two superstars?
"It's a misconception that when you act with a superstar, one's role is sidelined. Actors like Jiiva and Srikanth shared screen space with Vijay in 'Nanban', but their roles were equally appreciated by the audience," he said.
The film, which will be produced by RB Chowdhary, will go on the floors from second week of May.
Imman has been roped in to compose music.
Meanwhile, Mahat's Telugu romantic-drama 'Backbench Student' is scheduled to release in March. He also has an untitled Tamil project in the offing.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Has India Changed The Rules Of Engagement With Pakistan On The LoC ?
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18