Telugu director Bapu recommended for Padma Bhushan
Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana or Bapu's latest film 'Sri Rama Rajyam' too earned a good name
Director Bapu is well-known among the film-lovers of the Telugu films. He is not just popular as director but also as a famous cartoonist and popular artiste. He entered the film industry as a director in 1967 with Saakshi and earned the limelight after directing 'Budhimantudu' of Akkineni Nageswara Rao in 1969.
His films 'Sampoorna Ramayanam, Andala Ramudu, Mutyala Muggu, Bhakta Kannappa, Manavoori Pandavulu' and many other films earned enough name in the Telugu film industry. His latest film 'Sri Rama Rajyam' too earned a good name. Bapu along with his friend, late Ramana, worked for all these films.
However, the veteran director, cartoonist and artiste, failed to catch the attention of the Government of India or the state government to bag the Padma awards for so long.
But fortunately , it is learnt that the state government had recommended his name for the Padma Bhushan award, along with the Padma Vibhushan award for Dr C Narayana Reddy and Dr D Ramanaidu.
- Pakistan Target Twenty20 Whitewash Over West Indies
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Petition to Declare Pak a Sponsor of Terrorism Crosses 1 Lakh Signatures
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- I Have Experience, Says Hillary Clinton on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate Live: I Have Experience, Says Hillary on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe