Telugu director Bapu recommended for Padma Bhushan
Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana or Bapu's latest film 'Sri Rama Rajyam' too earned a good name
Director Bapu is well-known among the film-lovers of the Telugu films. He is not just popular as director but also as a famous cartoonist and popular artiste. He entered the film industry as a director in 1967 with Saakshi and earned the limelight after directing 'Budhimantudu' of Akkineni Nageswara Rao in 1969.
His films 'Sampoorna Ramayanam, Andala Ramudu, Mutyala Muggu, Bhakta Kannappa, Manavoori Pandavulu' and many other films earned enough name in the Telugu film industry. His latest film 'Sri Rama Rajyam' too earned a good name. Bapu along with his friend, late Ramana, worked for all these films.
However, the veteran director, cartoonist and artiste, failed to catch the attention of the Government of India or the state government to bag the Padma awards for so long.
But fortunately , it is learnt that the state government had recommended his name for the Padma Bhushan award, along with the Padma Vibhushan award for Dr C Narayana Reddy and Dr D Ramanaidu.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement