Telugu drama 'Rudhramadevi' to be completed by year-end
The Telugu film will also see actors like Jayaprakash Reddy and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.
Chennai: The shooting for Gunasekhar's Telugu period-drama 'Rudhramadevi' has started and the filmmaker says he aims to wrap up the film by December.
The camera started rolling for 'Rudhramadevi' Saturday. "We are planning to complete the shooting in five long schedules by the first week of December. Visual effects will be done in parallel. We have erected a special set for the first schedule in Hyderabad," Gunasekhar told IANS. "Biggest highlight of the film will be the visual effects. We are making efforts to make it on par with Hollywood standards," he added.
Featuring Anushka Shetty in the title role of Rani Rudhramadevi, the film narrates the story of one of the most powerful women rulers of the Kakatiya Dynasty.
It also features Rana Daggubati, Krishnam Raju, Baba Sehgal, Nathalia Kaur, Aditi Chengappa, Jayaprakash Reddy and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.
"A lot of detailing has gone into the creation of the past era. Art director Tharani has done some exemplary work, which will come alive on the screen for sure," he said. Music maestro Ilayaraja has been roped in to compose the music for the film, while Sreekar Prasad will edit it.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology