Telugu drama 'Rudhramadevi' to be completed by year-end
The Telugu film will also see actors like Jayaprakash Reddy and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.
Chennai: The shooting for Gunasekhar's Telugu period-drama 'Rudhramadevi' has started and the filmmaker says he aims to wrap up the film by December.
The camera started rolling for 'Rudhramadevi' Saturday. "We are planning to complete the shooting in five long schedules by the first week of December. Visual effects will be done in parallel. We have erected a special set for the first schedule in Hyderabad," Gunasekhar told IANS. "Biggest highlight of the film will be the visual effects. We are making efforts to make it on par with Hollywood standards," he added.
Featuring Anushka Shetty in the title role of Rani Rudhramadevi, the film narrates the story of one of the most powerful women rulers of the Kakatiya Dynasty.
It also features Rana Daggubati, Krishnam Raju, Baba Sehgal, Nathalia Kaur, Aditi Chengappa, Jayaprakash Reddy and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.
"A lot of detailing has gone into the creation of the past era. Art director Tharani has done some exemplary work, which will come alive on the screen for sure," he said. Music maestro Ilayaraja has been roped in to compose the music for the film, while Sreekar Prasad will edit it.
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- Irom Sharmila Meets Kejriwal, Seeks Advice on Fighting Manipur Polls
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya