Telugu film 'Jabardasth' a copy of 'Band Baja Baarat'?
However the Telugu rom-com portrayed actors Siddarth and Samantha in the lead roles.
The successful Telugu rom com 'Jabardasth', released exactly one month back has raked up controversy. The Siddarth-Samantha starrer, is been claimed to be a copy of their 'Band Baja Baarat' (Hindi), and that the team has not sought proper copyrights from the original makers.
As an aftermath, Yash Raj Films have sought a stay order from the courts that prevents the 'Jabardasth' team from releasing the film in DVDs, Blue Ray or any other media.
In Telugu, the film was produced by Bellamkonda Suresh and directed by film maker BV Nandini Reddy. The film had its music scored by Thaman and also starred Nithya Menen and Sunil. It is to be remembered that Linguswamy's Thirupathy Brothers had earlier acquired the dubbing rights for this film to be released as 'Dum Dum Pee Pee' in Tamil and because of this stay order, this release also stands cancelled.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Sunita Williams greets Indians from space on Diwali