Telugu film 'Jabardasth' a copy of 'Band Baja Baarat'?
However the Telugu rom-com portrayed actors Siddarth and Samantha in the lead roles.
The successful Telugu rom com 'Jabardasth', released exactly one month back has raked up controversy. The Siddarth-Samantha starrer, is been claimed to be a copy of their 'Band Baja Baarat' (Hindi), and that the team has not sought proper copyrights from the original makers.
As an aftermath, Yash Raj Films have sought a stay order from the courts that prevents the 'Jabardasth' team from releasing the film in DVDs, Blue Ray or any other media.
In Telugu, the film was produced by Bellamkonda Suresh and directed by film maker BV Nandini Reddy. The film had its music scored by Thaman and also starred Nithya Menen and Sunil. It is to be remembered that Linguswamy's Thirupathy Brothers had earlier acquired the dubbing rights for this film to be released as 'Dum Dum Pee Pee' in Tamil and because of this stay order, this release also stands cancelled.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya