'Telugu film 'Masti' deals with realistic subject'
'Masti' is about five missing girls and the search to find them forms the rest of the story.
Journalist-turned-producer Ravi K Punnam feels filmmakers should focus on realistic stories to connect emotionally with the audience.
"Although producers' concern is to make profit by churning out films, but we should also make films that are realistic and connect with the audience on emotional level," Ravi told IANS.
In the recent pas, he feels, realistic theme-based movies have done well.
"Films such as 'Ee Rojullo', 'Oka Romantic Crime Katha' with realistic and offbeat subjects have done well at the box-office. Moreover, none of these films had any big stars in it," he added.
Ravi, who has produced Telugu drama-thriller 'Masti', which is set to release soon, says his film deals with a realistic subject.
He added: ",'Masti' is about five missing girls and the search to find them forms the rest of the story. It's a small budget film with relatively new faces."
The film, directed by Chacha, stars Sushma, Deeksha Panth, Nazia Adil, Rekha and Madhu Bala.
It also stars Kota Srinivasa Rao, Pradeep, Prem and Katam Reddy.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone