'Telugu film 'Masti' deals with realistic subject'
'Masti' is about five missing girls and the search to find them forms the rest of the story.
Journalist-turned-producer Ravi K Punnam feels filmmakers should focus on realistic stories to connect emotionally with the audience.
"Although producers' concern is to make profit by churning out films, but we should also make films that are realistic and connect with the audience on emotional level," Ravi told IANS.
In the recent pas, he feels, realistic theme-based movies have done well.
"Films such as 'Ee Rojullo', 'Oka Romantic Crime Katha' with realistic and offbeat subjects have done well at the box-office. Moreover, none of these films had any big stars in it," he added.
Ravi, who has produced Telugu drama-thriller 'Masti', which is set to release soon, says his film deals with a realistic subject.
He added: ",'Masti' is about five missing girls and the search to find them forms the rest of the story. It's a small budget film with relatively new faces."
The film, directed by Chacha, stars Sushma, Deeksha Panth, Nazia Adil, Rekha and Madhu Bala.
It also stars Kota Srinivasa Rao, Pradeep, Prem and Katam Reddy.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp