Ten Indian TT players off to Sweden, China for training
TTFI has selected 10 players who will be sent for training to prepare for the World TT Championships in May.
New Delhi: The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has zeroed in on 10 paddlers who will be attending the coaching camps in Sweden and China for about 15 days in order to prepare themselves for the forthcoming World Table Tennis Championships to be held in Paris in May.
The men's team, consisting of Achanta Sharath Kamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Sanil Shetty, Harmeet Desai, Soumyadeep Roy and Anthony Amal Raj will travel to Peter Karlsson Academy in Sweden along with coach Kamalesh Mehta while the women's team comprising K Shamini, Mouma Das, Madhurika Patkar and Neha Aggarwal will be visiting China for their training stints.
The women's team will be under the charge of national coach Bhavani Mukherjee.
Meanwhile, Sharath Kamal and K Shamini will be competing in the Asia Cup Table Tennis Championships in Hong Kong between April 12 and 14. The two paddlers after the Asia Cup will fly to Sweden and China to join their team-mates at their respective training centres.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka