Terrorists attack J&K secretariat with grenade
Sources said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
Srinagar: Terrorists on Wednesday fired a rifle grenade at the civil secretariat here, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, official sources said. The grenade, however, did not explode.
The ultras fired the grenade at the civil secretariat at around 12.35 pm, which landed inside the premises, the sources said.
They said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
While Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was not present inside the Civil Secretariat due to engagements elsewhere, several of his cabinet colleagues and senior bureaucrats were present in the complex, the sources said.
They said security around the complex has been strengthened and an operation launched to nab the militants.
No terror outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: ODI Series Versus England
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?