Terrorists attack J&K secretariat with grenade
Sources said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
Srinagar: Terrorists on Wednesday fired a rifle grenade at the civil secretariat here, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, official sources said. The grenade, however, did not explode.
The ultras fired the grenade at the civil secretariat at around 12.35 pm, which landed inside the premises, the sources said.
They said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
While Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was not present inside the Civil Secretariat due to engagements elsewhere, several of his cabinet colleagues and senior bureaucrats were present in the complex, the sources said.
They said security around the complex has been strengthened and an operation launched to nab the militants.
No terror outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet