Terrorists attack J&K secretariat with grenade
Sources said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
Srinagar: Terrorists on Wednesday fired a rifle grenade at the civil secretariat here, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, official sources said. The grenade, however, did not explode.
The ultras fired the grenade at the civil secretariat at around 12.35 pm, which landed inside the premises, the sources said.
They said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
While Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was not present inside the Civil Secretariat due to engagements elsewhere, several of his cabinet colleagues and senior bureaucrats were present in the complex, the sources said.
They said security around the complex has been strengthened and an operation launched to nab the militants.
No terror outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years