Terrorists attack J&K secretariat with grenade
Sources said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
Srinagar: Terrorists on Wednesday fired a rifle grenade at the civil secretariat here, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, official sources said. The grenade, however, did not explode.
The ultras fired the grenade at the civil secretariat at around 12.35 pm, which landed inside the premises, the sources said.
They said the grenade failed to explode. A bomb disposal squad has been called in to neutralise the explosive.
While Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was not present inside the Civil Secretariat due to engagements elsewhere, several of his cabinet colleagues and senior bureaucrats were present in the complex, the sources said.
They said security around the complex has been strengthened and an operation launched to nab the militants.
No terror outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium