DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Test-piling for RoB begins
KOCHI: The test piling for the reconstruction of the North RoB as part of the Kochi Metro Rail started on Thursday. The test pilin..
KOCHI: The test piling for the reconstruction of the North RoB as part of the Kochi Metro Rail started on Thursday. The test piling would be completed in a day and the actual piling would start immediately, Kochi Metro Rail project director P Sriram said.
He said that 120 piles would be erected for the RoB and foot overbridge and 84 piles for the Metro. The piling would be conducted in two stages, Sriram said.
The hydraulic rotary rigs for the piling were brought from Italy by the contractors Cheriyan Varkey group. The work for the Kochi Metro had started with the dismantling of one of the motor bays of the North RoB. The second motor bay will be dismantled soon, sources said.
Once dismantled, both the motor bays will be reconstructed as two-lane tracks which will be opened for heavy vehicles. After remodeling both the motor bays to two-lane tracks, the main bridge will be demolished and two additional lanes will be added to the main bridge. The Kochi Metro Rail Ltd is planning to complete the reconstruction of both the bays within six months.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users